Thursday 18 September 2014

Thelephora sp.

         Hallo, this is gonna be my first post in this blog. My first post is gonna be about a small unique mushroom I found in my neighbor's house.  This species generally look like an overlapping vase with wrinkled margin and light to dark brown colours.  The cap is very thin and tough like scales, or leathery. I found it on the ground in sandly soil. 

I have compared visual and characteristics this species with some literatures including Lincoff Book, The National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Mushrooms (1997 page 413) the visual of this mushroom near look like Thelephora terestris Familia  Clavariaceae Order Aphyllophorales.  

click to enlarge this picture
Thelephora sp.

If you have other idea about this species, please tell me. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment